TITLE: FULL-TIME WASTEWATER/WATER OPERATOR
BENEFITS: HEALTH, DENTAL, VISION, STATE RETIREMENT
COMPENSATION: $16.00 TO $19.00 PER HOUR DOE
CLOTHING ALLOWANCE: $600 ANNUALLY
EMAIL APPLICATION AND RESUME TO email@example.com.
For application, click HERE.
Performs all necessary maintenance throughout the District as directed by the Operations Supervisor. Must respond to call-outs as needed.
- Maintains and repairs all water mains, hydrants, meters, pumps and buildings.
a) Determines location of valves to be shut down to make necessary repairs and informs property owners of water shut-down and turns valves off.
b) Repairs or replaces any broken or defective parts of the District’s distribution system.
c) Installs water meters and master valves to service extensions. Replaces and repairs defective water meters and master valves.
d) Read water meters monthly.
e) Follows all OSHA safety procedures and follows the Supervisor’s best judgments when dealing with safety issues. Informs Supervisor when equipment breaks or is worn out.
f) Operator will respond to alarms from SCADA system or from customers in order to ensure that adequate water is available, residents are safe, and the distribution system is in proper working order.
g) The Operator will inspect booster and well-pumps and fill out a daily inspection report.
h) Inspects fire hydrant and valves on a schedule established by the Supervisor.
i) Responsible for proper safety precautions in compliance with OSHA standards.
j) Will perform inspections of contractor work as per District Standard’s and Specifications.
K) Add chemical, such as ammonia or chlorine, to disinfect water and other liquids
L) Inspect manholes and lift stations daily and fill out a daily report
M) Monitor operating conditions, meters, and gauges
N) Collect and test water and sewage samples
O) Record meter and gauge readings and operational data
P) Document and report test results to regulatory agencies
Q) Operate equipment to purify and clarify water to process or dispose of sewage
R) Clean and maintain equipment, tanks, filter beds, and other work areas
S) Follow U.S. Environmental Agency (EPA) regulations
T) Ensure safety standards are met
U) All duties are subject to change.
- Operator reports directly to the Operations Supervisor.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must live within 30 minutes of District boundaries in order to respond to emergencies adequately.
- Some knowledge of the principals, practices, and methods of water/sewer utility work.
- Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- Ability to relate well with the general public and supervisors.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, within a reasonable period of time, a Grade l Water and/or Wastewater Operator Certification issued by the State of Utah.
- Must have a valid driver license with no infractions with a 3-year period.
- Must be willing to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Must be willing to follow directions.
- Must be willing to take on-call and work overtime when necessary.
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to work well with others.
- Must be willing to submit a background check upon further consideration for employment.
- Must be willing to take and pass a physical upon further consideration for employment.
- Must be subject to drug testing when required by the District Manager or person directed by the District Manager, and in accordance with the District’s drug testing policy.
JOB WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Heavy physical effort. Must be capable of handling objects safely.
- Intermittent standing, sitting, crouching and walking.
- Frequent exposure to elements such as heat, cold and dampness.
- Could handle poisonous materials such as chlorine.
- Works in trenches with the danger of contact with natural gas, electricity, sewer lines, and other utilities.
- Will be working around heavy machinery and traffic.